What do you think about book trailers?
Mostly, the following:
- Has a trailer ever made you want to read something more?
- Has it ever put you off reading something?
- How do you find out about trailers?
- Do you think they are needed?
- Can they do more harm than good?
- Do you ever purposely check out a trailer for a book you already want to read?
Basically, I’m wondering how much use book trailers actually have on a book. I’ve seen some great ones. And I’ve seen some not so great ones. Mostly, a good summary and some buzz gets me hearing about/wanting to read books. I don’t have to check out a trailer to want to buy something. So why have them? What is their purpose?
Also, The Apocalypsies have a channel on Youtube now where you can see all of them in one place! Check it out.